In our schools we are committed to developing children as healthy, independent and responsible members of society who understand their rights and responsibilities towards themselves, others in school, the local and global community. We aim to develop children’s awareness of their thoughts and feelings as they happen, in the moment, on purpose and with no judgement so that they have the skills and understanding to make informed choices.
Personal, Social and Health Education enables the children to:
- Develop self-confidence and self-esteem
- Know and understand what constitutes a healthy lifestyle
- Know how to keep themselves safe
- Understand and develop good relationships with other members of the school and the wider community respecting the differences between people
- Be independent and responsible members of the class, school, local and global community
- Be positive and active members of a democratic society
- Make informed choices regarding personal and social issues
There are 6 units of work, one unit per term. Every year group studies the same unit at the same time allowing for themes to be shared and celebrated by the whole school.
Each term the new theme is introduced in assembly by school leaders. Each theme has a weekly focus which is addressed through assembly and followed up in class during a dedicated PSHE lesson.