Teacher: Miss Harris
Teacher: Mr Jones
Teacher: Mr A Hall
Mrs Alford, Mrs Stone, Mrs Stone
About Year 3
Welcome to Key Stage 2
3H – Monday and Thursday
3J – Monday and Thursday
3M – Monday and Thursday
Please practise times tables regularly as it is a vital life skill. The children will be tested every Friday morning and have the chance to move their name up the ladder once they get 12/12 3 times in a row.
Once a week in Term 4
Children are welcome to bring swimming goggles. They will be split into 3 groups. Novice swimmers do not require arm bands and will be catered for.
We go on a trip to The Roman Baths in Caerleon, Wales. We also go on trips to the local church, park and community farm.
Behaviour, Rules and Expectations
We expect children to:
- Follow the school and class rules.
- Listen to others & be polite around school.
- Walk around school sensibly.
- Try hard in lessons.
- Produce written work that is neat and use rulers to underline.
- Help keep their classroom tidy.
- Keep their feet and hands to themselves in the classroom.
- Treat each other with respect.
- Respect other people’s property.
- Follow playground and lunchtime rules.
Key Performance Indicators for Year 3
Download: Curriculum for Year 3
We cover a variety of fun topics throughout the year and may ask your child to bring in items from home to support these.
Light and Shadow
Life cycle of a penguin and endangered animals
Celts and |Romans
Read at least 3 times a week
Your child is given specific timetables to learn which they will be tested on weekly
Your child will be given literacy homework fortnightly
Your child will be given Numeracy homework fortnightly