Teacher: Miss Harris
Teacher: Mrs Harris-Simpson
Teacher: Mr A Hall
Mrs Millard, Mrs Smith, Mrs Clark & Mrs Everett
About Year 3
Welcome to Key Stage 2
3H – Monday and Tuesday
3J – Monday and Tuesday
3M – Monday and Tuesday
Please practise times tables regularly as it is a vital life skill. The children will be tested every Friday morning and have the chance to move their name up the ladder once they get 12/12 3 times in a row.
Once a week in Term 4
Children are welcome to bring swimming goggles. They will be split into 3 groups. Novice swimmers do not require arm bands and will be catered for.
Term 3 Bristol Zoo and Term 6 Caerleon Roman Fortress
Behaviour, Rules and Expectations
We expect children to:
- Follow the school and class rules.
- Listen to others & be polite around school.
- Walk around school sensibly.
- Try hard in lessons.
- Produce written work that is neat and use rulers to underline.
- Help keep their classroom tidy.
- Keep their feet and hands to themselves in the classroom.
- Treat each other with respect.
- Respect other people’s property.
- Follow playground and lunchtime rules.
Key Performance Indicators for Year 3
Download: Curriculum for Year 3
We cover a variety of fun topics throughout the year and may ask your child to bring in items from home to support these.
Term 1- Our Community, Our Country
Term 2- Looking After Our World
Term 3- Endangered Animals
Term 4- Celebrating Our Differences
Term 5- Early Civilisations- South America
Term 6- Romans and Volcanoes
Read at least 3 times a week
Your child is given specific timetables to learn which they will be tested on weekly