Teacher: Mrs Hodge
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Rainey
Teacher: Miss Broom
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Alford
Teacher: Mr Nicholls
About Year 2
PE kits need to be in school everyday.
2 pieces from the topic web that is sent home some terms
We expect the children to know at least their 2, 5 and 10 times tables.
Term 3- Wild Place Feb 2019
Term 6- TBC
We would expect children to read at home to an adult 4 times a week at least – please record this in the reading records but please brings books and reading records in every day.
In Year 2 we have high expectations of the children’s learning and behaviour. We believe children should be taught to become independent and have a positive attitude towards their learning. We want your child to enjoy their education and appreciate individual strengths and creativity.
We enrich our curriculum by arranging the following:
- A visit to the local area
- Visits to the local park
- A visit to Kingswood Library
- Visit from life education bus
- Forest Schools weekly
- Visit from the Dog’s Trust
- Please ensure your child brings a water bottle to school every day
- Please label ALL clothing and belongings
- Don’t forget to read with your child regularly
- If you are interested in coming into help, please see your child’s class teacher
- Wellies and waterproofs for Forest Schools
- Leave your child at the classroom door to encourage independence
Key Performance Indicators for Year 2
Download: Curriculum for Year 2
We cover a variety of fun topics throughout the year and may ask your child to bring in items from home to support these.
Term 1 – Amazing adventures
Term 2 – Incredible Inventions
Term 3 – Our Wonderful Wild World
Term 4 – Once upon a Fairytale
Term 5 – TBC
Term 6 – Dare to be Dahl