Teacher: Mrs Grainger
Teacher: Miss Beddoe
Teacher: Mrs Clifford
Miss Stone, Mrs Evans, Mrs Rainey
About Year 1
We enrich our curriculum by arranging the following:
- A visit to the local area
- Visits to the local park
- A visit to Kingswood Library
- A visit to Court Farm
- Visit from an ambulance
- Visit from life education bus
- Forest Schools weekly
- Please ensure your child brings a water bottle to school every day
- Please label ALL clothing and belongings
- Don’t forget to read with your child regularly
- If you are interested in coming into help, please see your child’s class teacher
- Wellies and waterproofs for Forest Schools
Physical Education (PE)
Please ensure your child has the appropriate kit on these days.
1B Tuesday/ Friday and Monday
1C Tuesday/ Friday and Thursday
1G Tuesday/ Friday and Thursday
Please ensure your child has their reading book and reading record with them every day.
Key Performance Indicators for Year 1
Download: Curriculum for Year 1
We cover a variety of fun topics throughout the year and may ask your child to bring in items from home to support these.
All About Me
To Infinity and Beyond
Tell me a Story
Here Comes the Sun!
Read, write and order numbers to 20.
Read numbers to 100
Add and subtract numbers to 20
Count in 2s, 5s and 10s
Weigh and measure items at home
Play board games
Please continue to read every day
Learn to read keywords
Try out these websites:
Please practice reading and writing your keywords everyday